I had a friend that is a really attractive guy who on the surface appears like the total ideal package.
Then I discovered a pretty significant hole in the tapestry…
…he kissed like a bird. Specifically, imagine making out with a parrot.
We had both gone out with a group of people, one thing led to another, and next thing you know we’re making out. I’ve had some awkward kissers in the past (I’ll tell those stories later), but this wins, hands down, for being the absolute worst I’ve ever experience. Ever. It felt like I was being attacked by a parrot’s beak over and over again and you couldn’t escape from it.
I quickly came up with some excuse to end the misery, but to this day I still shudder a bit inside whenever he pops up on my facebook news feed.
Sweeter than a Kiss Roasted Peppers
I think that any vegetable is made better by roasting it in the oven. These are great as a side dish or they really help dress up leftovers- I’ll chop them up, add in some leftover chicken or seafood, and mix with rice or pasta for a quick and healthy meal.
- 1 lb sweet baby peppers (normally sold in 1-2 lb packages for ~$3 per lb)
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean peppers with a damp paper towel and place in a shallow roasting dish (preferably one with a rack)
- Drizzle olive oil onto peppers, followed by freshly grated pepper and a sprinkling of garlic salt.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until the peppers give to touch and the skin looks slightly wrinkly.