I’ve had some unfortunate run-ins with guys, but not have been worse than the creepy stalker.
I had hung out with this guy and knew he just wasn’t my type and I didn’t want to see him again. I was very busy with med school (try being a third year in the midst of our annual musical) and literally barely had time to sleep.
First, he started calling me. While I was at clinic. And you can’t answer your phone in clinic (who wants their doctor answering the phone in clinic?) He called me NINE TIMES. And continually texted me because I couldn’t talk to him right then.
I called him while I was driving home from clinic. Where he made mistake #2….
“Why haven’t you called me? You’re supposed to call me on a daily basis. Because you’re my girlfriend.”
#1, I already was going to tell him I had never wanted to see him again. #2, we had barely hung out and I DEFINITELY was not his girlfriend. I then proceeded to tell him exactly that.
That night, my doorbell rang. Standing outside my door was this guy. Crying. And not just tears in his eyes, but full-on man sobs that should be reserved for events like your wife or child dying. And during these sobs he begged me to take him back (which made no sense because I never had him in the first place). I told him to go home and leave me alone.
And then mistake #3…he showed up at my door sobbing on a weekly basis for the next 2 months.
Mistake #4 deserves a blog post all to itself.
Stalker Inspiring Low-Fat New York Cheesecake
Ingredients for crust
- 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together ingredients and press into a pie pan, preferably glass.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden brown
Ingredients for filling
- 8 oz Neuchâtel cheese or low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- While pie shell is baking, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add in eggs one at a time and beat for 2 minutes.
- Remove pie shells from oven and decrease temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour in filling and bake for 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and firm.
Ingredients for topping
- 1 c fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Mix together sour cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- When filling is down baking, pour on topping and return cheesecake to oven for 10-15 minutes until top is nearly firm. Let cool for 1 hour and then keep chilled.